The Associate is an integral member of the Strategic Planning and Implementation team and will support Pan-Foundation partnerships, new and incubating initiatives, and projects to improve operational effectiveness. The Associate is responsible for supporting grants management tasks for a portfolio of initiatives as well as supporting project and financial management for a select number of Pan-Foundation partnerships. In addition, the Associate will provide project management and administrative support to the Strategic Planning & Implementation team for the Annual Business Planning and Risk Management processes as well Pan-Foundation projects and initiatives. The Associate will support strategic and tactical analysis spanning financial, operational and performance management issues across UNF campaigns, alliances, and initiatives. S/he will support strategic initiatives, operational process improvement, new business evaluation and organization wide strategy.
The Associate, Strategic Planning and Implementation reports to the Managing Director, Strategic Planning and Implementation and provides support to the entire Strategic Planning & Implementation team. In addition, s/he will work close with teams across the Foundation, such as Contract, Budgets, Finance, and People & Culture, on an ongoing basis.
This position is full-time with benefits for one year.
- Support select pan-UNF partnerships through the entire partnership lifecycle, including proposal development, award, implementation and close-out, providing financial and programmatic management support, liaising with partners and internal stakeholders
- Support a portfolio of initiatives by providing grants management support and facilitating start-up activities for incubating initiatives
- Provide budget support and guidance for partner-funded activities in conjunction with UNF’s Budget and Finance teams
- Draft and review agreements and maintain an understanding of all agreement terms and applicable flow-downs, consulting with UNF’s finance/contracts team as needed
- Attend training sessions provided by UNF’s contracts team to maintain and keep up to date with UNF’s current policies and procedures
- Maintain a strong knowledge of UNF’s Salesforce database to be able to process and track agreements, extract information and prepare reports
- Maintain a working knowledge of the UNF agreement process (for both contracts and grants) and utilize the proper templates accordingly
- Support UNF’s Annual Business Planning and Risk Management processes
- Support UNF’ Due Diligence process by conducting research on potential Pan-Foundation partners and reviewing research conducted by teams and initiatives
- Provide administrative support to the Strategic Planning & Implementation team as the team supports Pan-Foundation projects, initiatives, and funders
- Create and maintain project management tools that teams across the Foundation can utilize for responsible project management
- Support teams to ensure high quality, timely work products are submitted for donor funded activities; and resolving any issues that arise with respect to activities funded by key partners
- Conduct data analysis and research in support of SP&I, Pan-Foundation, and internal consulting projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with a minimum of 1 - 3 years’ experience with grants, proposals, and reports, preferably in a non-profit setting
- Demonstrated familiarity with budgets, budget processes, and grant and financial management
- Exceptional operations and project management skills
- Demonstrated proposal writing and reporting experience
- Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Experience conducting qualitative research and quantitative data analysis
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to work across departments to accomplish mission
- Proven ability to facilitate staff at all levels to meet external deadlines
- Ability to develop, maintain, and enjoy effective working relationships with people from a wide variety of organizations and with a wide variety of functional expertise
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to listen.
- Continuous learning skills and the ability to synthesize information
- Demonstrated discretion with sensitive organizational information and strategic planning
- Ability to take initiative; a self-starter who is comfortable carrying out multiple tasks on different projects and assignments, is dependable and consistent, enjoys being part of a team and anticipates team needs
- Flexibility and a team player
- This position is located in Washington, D.C. with a one-year term of employment
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
- a choice between two health plans through UnitedHealthcare (PPO or HDHP with HSA)
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- flexible spending accounts
- 403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution
- group term and supplemental life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- health club discounts
- commuter subsidy
- back-up care
- employee assistance program
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of family leave care.
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.